Virtual MasterLab – 2014 Slides & Videos
Slides from MasterLab (July 2, 2014)
Video footage from MasterLab (July 2, 2014)
You can watch a playlist with the whole day’s worth of footage below, allowing you to skip presentations by clicking on the “NEXT” button in the video player.
You can also watch individual presentations:
- Opening remarks – Manny Hernandez (DHF)
- Keynote: Today’s Diabetes Advocacy Environment – Paul Madden
- Regulatory Interest in Public Participation – Stayce Beck (FDA)
- Roundtable: “What I wish patient advocacy looked like” Mod. Mike Swearingen
- What Has Been Accomplished by Other Patients (and How) – Michael Mangianello (HIV/AIDS activist,HCM Strategists)
- How Diabetes Can Do It Too: A Roadmap for Diabetes Advocacy – Manny Hernandez (DHF), Bennet Dunlap (StripSafely)
- Understanding Diabetes: Knowledge & Solutions – Kelly Close, Adam Brown (Close Concerns, diaTribe)
- Getting the Attention of Decision Makers – Rebecca Killion (PWD, Patient Representative at FDA)
- Mobilizing the Diabetes Community – Kerri Sparling (SixUntilMe)
- Making a Successful Ask, Role Plays – David Lee Strasberg (PWD)
- Wrap Up and Calls to Action – Manny Hernandez (DHF)
We invite you to share these videos with others, so that we may spread the word far and wide.
Additional resources discussed during MasterLab
- Back to Basics and “How To Survive a Plague” – HIV/AIDS ADVOCACY AS A MODEL FOR CATALYZING CHANGE
- Diabetes Advocates webinar with HIV/AIDS Activist Peter Staley
- Easily track the activities of the United States Congress: through GovTrack.US, or Congress app.
- Subscribe to diaTribe, Research & Product News for People with Diabetes
Diabetes Advocates MasterLab was made possible thanks to generous contributions made by the following organizations.