About one-third of adults with diabetes are not at their A1C goal. Thats why Merck and the American Diabetes Association have teamed up with Tim McGraw and other voices onAmericas Diabetes Challenge: Get to Your Goalsto help people with type 2 diabetes work with their doctor to get to their A1C goal.
Talk to Your Doctor to Know Your A1C
Before your appointment, prepare yourself:
- Be prepared to talk about how your treatment plan is working for you.
- Be prepared to set an A1C goal. Your doctor will help set your goal that is right for you.
Here are some important questions to address with your doctor.
- What is my A1C and what should my goal be?
- What are the signs and symptoms of high and low blood glucose?
- Do I need to make any changes to my diabetes management plan?
- What are the benefits and possible side effects of the medicine(s) Im taking
- What are the possible causes of high and low blood glucose?